Wednesday, October 6, 2010

ADIDAS TOUR INTRO SPREAD FROM THE SKATEBOARDER'S JOURNAL #17

I just had to do something fun for this issue and the opener for the Adidas tour was just screaming for a giant shoe.


I made the skeleton of the shoe from construction card and covered it with white denim, followed by a lick of paint. I wanted the bodies to look really naive so made them purely from aluminium foil, painted them and stuck prints of the riders heads up top. The background is more card and some painted MDF, and the clouds are made from some stuff we found in Pete Daly's studio when we were shooting it.


We shot it all in three pieces seperately, the shoe and riders, the buildings and ground, and the sky. This way we could avoid a complex set up, and simply bring everything together in Photoshop. And I can save space storing it, all of this stuff is starting to fill my house...





No comments:

Post a Comment